Strategic Accounts Manager (US East Coast or West Coast)
Join the Team
Strategic Accounts Manager (US East Coast or West Coast)
Las Vegas, NV, US
Imagine an opportunity where you get to swim in the deep end — an opportunity to find and work with clients who wish to build industrial processes, some of which have never been built before. Some of these clients are the biggest and best in the world at what they do, while others need help and guidance through a highly complex and technical buying process. Some of your clients’ are motivated by volume, quality or efficiency, often with differing opinions on what to value more, but in any of these scenarios, you are the kind of person who wants to leave your fingerprints on the projects you work on. You problem solve with our Ancillary Team to build a process that all can agree will set your clients apart from their competitors. Now they are utilizing Vitalis’ extraction solutions to bring their products to market. You can do that kind of work at Vitalis. Are you our next Strategic Account Manager to sell these types of opportunities?
About Vitalis Extraction Technology
Vitalis Extraction Technology engineers, manufactures, and markets supercritical fluid extraction systems used to separate concentrates from organic materials for a wide range of industries including analytics, vitamins/supplements, ingredient development, waste reduction/repurposing, life sciences, biopharmaceuticals, cannabis, hemp, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, fragrances and essential oils. While our operations have grown to span five continents – and counting – we are proudly rooted in beautiful Kelowna, BC Canada.
At Vitalis, we treat our employees the way we treat our customers. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We are looking for professionals that want to join our high-paced and innovative environment that encourages a culture of curiosity, professionalism, resourcefulness, and gratitude.
- Successfully build and manage a complex sales pipeline
- Bring clients needs and associated complex buying teams to an aligned decision on Vitalis technology.
- Meet or exceed sales objectives and key results
- Work in a dynamic customer environment where pivots and potential restarts are possible.
- Keep detailed notes and records on interactions and contact
- Maintain detailed, accurate technical knowledge and understanding of product offerings to be able to support current and potential customers in their technical & scientific discussions and purchase
- Qualify and develop leads and sales from our demand generation or marketing campaigns
- Build Vitalis’ brand presence in the USA including biopharmaceuticals, cannabis, hemp, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, fragrances and essential oil markets
- Expand Vitalis’ brand through participation and engagement in various activities including trade shows, conferences, conventions, webinars, and other networking opportunities
- Work in a team-selling environment where multiple engineers, scientists, salespersons or project managers collaborate to move an opportunity through various purchase decision milestones.
- Conduct facility tours to decision makers & influencers to demonstrate our technology, innovation, and resources to support the customer long-term
- Must be comfortable acquiring new customers by winning them over from competitors and farming new opportunities from customer referrals
- Continually stay abreast of updates in analytics, biopharma, botanicals, extraction and ancillary technology
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills at all levels of the complex buying team which may include C-Suite executives and professionals in the areas of operations, project management, application science, chemistry, botany, engineering and finance
- Knowledge of the extraction process systems is considered an asset, CO2 extraction an additional asset.
- A university degree in Business or Science is preferred or a combination of education and sales experience
- A technical background in manufacturing or a scientific background in chemistry, botanicals or application would be a strong asset.
- Knowledge of or experience in industries including analytics, vitamins/supplements, vanilla, caffeine, ingredient development, GHG protocol, food waste, life sciences, biopharmaceuticals, cannabis, hemp, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, fragrances and essential oils markets are considered an asset
- Work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role, preferably in a technical discipline with complex buying teams and long, complex sales cycles
- Previous experience working on large capital equipment projects with average invoices in excess of >$500K would be a considerable asset
- Can demonstrate a history of achieving sales objectives and key results
- Experience with CRM software with Salesforce experience being a considerable asset
- Results-oriented with strong prospect hunting expertise
- Must have US citizenship or eligible to work in the US
- Additional languages both spoken and written would be an asset
- Willingness to travel within USA and Canada
Please respond with a cover letter and resume. Successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. We look forward to reviewing your application!
We are working on-site and taking proper steps to maintain a clean, distanced and safe work environment, to the highest standards possible. All staff will need to be respectful of our COVID-19 precautions and follow them without fail.
Competitive base salary + Commissions + Healthcare + Annual Leave