Join the Team
Kelowna, BC, CA
Are you energized by troubleshooting equipment and solving customers’ concerns? Imagine you and the Service Team working with a customer on why the hydraulic power unit switch was not turning off to discover the jumper was in the incorrect position. This is one example of a situation in the life of our Service Manager. We are looking for a Service Manager to oversee the Field Service Technicians, including customer service interactions, reports, and repairs.
About Vitalis Extraction Technology
Vitalis Extraction Technology engineers, manufactures, and markets supercritical fluid extraction systems used to separate concentrates from organic materials for a wide range of industries including analytics, vitamins/supplements, vanilla, caffeine, ingredient development, GHG protocol, food waste, life sciences, biopharmaceuticals, cannabis, hemp, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, fragrances and essential oils. While our operations have grown to span five continents – and counting – we are proudly rooted in beautiful Kelowna, BC Canada.
At Vitalis, we treat our employees the way we treat our customers. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We are looking for professionals that want to join our high-paced and innovative environment that encourages a culture of curiosity, professionalism, resourcefulness, and gratitude.
- Hire, train, and develop a global service technician team and oversee them performing inspections, preparing reports, and doing repairs; if necessary, carry out these job duties personally to ensure highest quality of work.
- Display extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product details and Vitalis services offered.
- Manage day-to-day operations of service team activities including remote support, internal support, and field services to ensure team objectives and sales goals are being carried out.
- Collaborate with VP Production & Service to develop and evolve service and account management strategies.
- Develop working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, and ensures service department adheres to all regulations (particularly safety and employment standards)
- Plan and schedule all field service activities.
- Support service technicians with case management and troubleshooting of issues.
- Handle escalated customer issues and collaborate with internal teams to bring to resolution.
- Perform client visits as required to strengthen relationships, provide technical support/training, and identify opportunities for further products/support/training.
- Maintain strong relationships with customers and third-party vendors.
- Identify and drive opportunities for revenue and repeat sales by upselling products and services and taking care of any customer concerns or complaints quickly and professionally.
- Audit work and documentation practices of the service team to improve existing service methods.
- Monitor department issues and client complaints to define patterns and work to lessen those recurring issues by producing accurate and timely reporting on department efficiency, effectiveness, customer status and satisfaction.
- Support and champion change initiatives within the service department.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of Vitalis C02 extraction systems and peripherals; along with understanding hydrocarbon and ethanol options.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering or a Trades Certification preferred.
- Previous service, sales, and management experience required.
- Comprehensive manufacturing and service industry knowledge.
- Working knowledge of hydrocarbon, ethanol &/or C02 extraction systems required.
- Mechanically inclined, able to learn and understand complex equipment with troubleshooting expertise.
- Excellent leadership, communication, sales, and customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills to plan and schedule all field service activities
- The ability to work under pressure and handle stress in a positive way.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Willingness to travel within USA and Canada
Please respond with a cover letter and resume. Successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. We look forward to reviewing your application!