Join the Team
Spectrum, Kelowna, BC, CA
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to provide functional support to the C-Suite, reporting into the CEO. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. To be successful in this role, a high attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
About Vitalis Extraction Technology
Vitalis Extraction Technology engineers, manufactures, and markets supercritical fluid extraction systems used to separate concentrates from organic materials for a wide range of industries including analytics, vitamins/supplements, vanilla, caffeine, ingredient development, GHG protocol, food waste, life sciences, biopharmaceuticals, cannabis, hemp, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, fragrances, and essential oils. While our operations have grown to span five continents – and counting – we are proudly rooted in beautiful Kelowna, BC Canada.
At Vitalis, we treat our employees the way we treat our customers. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
- Manage C-Suite ever-evolving calendars to facilitate the most productive and efficient use of time. Prioritize inquiries and requests; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Coordinate meeting schedules for the C-Suite and the Advisory Board with all logistics for meetings, events, video conferences including appropriate space, equipment, and materials: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
- Arrange complex international travel plans, itineraries, and trip agendas including the coordination of internal and external business meetings domestically and internationally
- Act as a liaison to the Advisory Board.
- Complete C-Suite expense and mileage reporting monthly
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Executive, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect Vitalis policy
- Manage important follow-ups, reminders, and priorities
- Act as a ‘culture carrier’ within the organization and continuously help cultivate and evolve the culture
- Take on additional responsibilities as the business grows and be a key partner on special projects as needed. You will be an essential stakeholder in both confidential and high-visibility projects.
- Keep C-Suite informed of significant events/issues requiring their involvement
- Anticipate the Executives; needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Plan Leadership team off-sites, team-building events, and BOD meetings on an as-needed basis
- Provide a "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team.
- Work with the Executive Team to coordinate the CEO’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Chair the Social Committee
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Invest in building and maintaining relationships with company Board Members, Advisors, C-Suite and external partners and vendors
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting C-level Executives
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Advisory Board members, executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, exercising extreme discretion
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Certificate or diploma from a recognized business, office, or legal secretary program
- Ability to set up letters, reports, presentations, etc. in a professional format
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Must have Canadian citizenship or a Canadian work visa
We are working on-site and taking proper steps to maintain a clean, distanced and safe work environment, to the highest standards possible. All staff will need to be respectful of our COVID-19 precautions and follow them without fail.
- Competitive salary
- Dental & Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care