Join the Team
Kelowna, BC, CA
Are you excited to lead, manage and build a top-tier accounting team?
Then Vitalis Extraction Technology might be the place for you! We are looking for a Controller to be part of our Finance team in Kelowna BC, or in Calgary AB. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller will manage and oversee all accounting operations for Vitalis. As we continue to grow you’ll seek to continuously improve internal controls, financial transactions, financial reporting and the review of a new ERP system to meet our future requirements.
About Vitalis Extraction Technology
Vitalis Extraction Technology engineers, manufactures, and markets supercritical fluid extraction systems used to separate concentrates from organic materials for a wide range of industries including analytics, vitamins/supplements, vanilla, caffeine, ingredient development, GHG protocol, food waste, life sciences, biopharmaceuticals, cannabis, hemp, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, fragrances and essential oils. While our operations have grown to span five continents – and counting – we are proudly rooted in beautiful Kelowna, BC Canada.
At Vitalis, we treat our employees the way we treat our customers. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We are looking for professionals that want to join our high-paced and innovative environment that encourages a culture of curiosity, professionalism, resourcefulness, and gratitude.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Oversee month-end and year-end close processes
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including international tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Work experience as an Audit manager or Financial Controller.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE)
- At least seven years of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA designation.
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued.
- Experience with ERP software and ADP payroll software.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, G Suite, and internet applications.
- An ability to analyze and independently act on large data sets, graphs and charts.
- Excellent communication, technology, analytical and management skills.
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to act with little or no input from others.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and resources in a dynamic environment while maintaining commitments to completion of tasks with deadlines or where others rely on your results and maintaining a high quality of work.
- Must have Canadian citizenship or a Canadian work visa.
We are working on-site and taking proper steps to maintain a clean, distanced and safe work environment, to the highest standards possible. All staff will need to be respectful of our COVID-19 precautions and follow them without fail.